This section is new for 2020
We do not release the course maps to the greater public. Why? Because we spend hours and hours setting up our event courses and getting permits and permissions and do all this for the event. We will give out some course descriptions. We will be having some Training rides on the course in February and March Weather Permitting
What Type of Bike is Best for a Gravel Fondo
Any bike is best but specifically a bike with fatter tires in order to run lower pressures. This could be Gravel Bikes, Cyclocross bike, Mountain Bike, Hybrid Bike, Touring bike or Road Bike. (and yes even e-bikes) You do not need Suspension like on a Mtn bike but road bike tires with high pressure and hard gearing (although you can do it on that kind of bike) is not that comfortable and the gearing is usually too hard. We will be providing specific information for each type of bikes with tire sizes and gearing for the event.
How do the Teams work. We have teams of 2 and teams of 4 categories. It is the combined time of all 2 or all 4 Team members and the lowest combined times wins.
Tri 1 Event Policies
Tri 1 Events Refund Policy
Our Entry Fees and all related event fees are Non-Refundable under any circumstances.
Participants are allowed to defer to the following year. Please Note: If there are price changes a fee may be charged in the following year. Once it is within 12 days of the event date there are no deferrals under any circumstances.
Tri 1 Events, in accordance with, city and/or district, Provincial officials, local stakeholders, venues and local law enforcement has the authority to cancel any of the events for emergency purposes such as, but not limited to, inclement weather, forest fire or threat of terrorism. If such emergency conditions force cancellation, refunds cannot be provided since funds will have been spent in preparation for Race Day.
In Reference to Covid-19 Pandemic
As many of you may now be aware, any events over 250 people have been cancelled indefinitely in the Province of BC.
There is such an air of uncertainty over any public or sporting event currently that we having been looking at possible solutions. So rather than deal with the cloud of uncertainty, in that this would most likely would lead to a cancellation anyways we have decided to be proactive.
We also feel that with social distancing implemented, in the likelihood the event was held, the food, beer gardens and many other exciting things we have planned would not be possible or so severely restricted that this would negatively affect the entire event, your experience and the blossoming gravel community that we’ve been trying to foster for the last 7 years.
We have been quite busy checking in with our venue, the many regulating bodies, sponsors and vendors and the conclusion we came to was that it would be best to move the event.
So due to all of these factors we have decided to reschedule Sea 2 Sky Fondo (not cancel or postpone) to October 17th, 2020.
In 16 years of sports event management this is the first time we have changed an event date. Just so you know we were also just about the announce our spring training rides for the Sea 2 Sky Fondo but with current situation and the social distancing in place and concern for all participants and sponsors, we have postponed the spring training rides and will announce the revised Sea 2 Sky Gravel Fondo training ride schedule for the Summer and Fall in the coming weeks.
In the meantime please keep yourself informed in the following places:
We do not offer refunds but you are able to transfer to another one of our events or defer to following year.
We think most of you will agree that given unprecedented current situation, this is the best solution we could come up and we look forward to see you at a Triple Crown of Gravel event soon. We wish you all the best and will miss seeing all of you at our spring training rides and first event in April.
Please stay safe and healthy.
Tri 1 events